All licensed dealers and brokers of manufactured homes, mobile homes and/or factory-built buildings are required to provide the Department with monthly sales reports (for the calendar month).
A recovery fund assessment fee of $30.00 is owed for each used unit sale with a purchase price of under $50,000.00 if the sale went through a dealer's trust account or dealer's escrow account and that dealer has not met the requirements set forth in A.R.S. §41-4030 (C).
Sales report(s) must be received by the Department by the 20th day of each month. If the sales report is not received by the due date or is incomplete, the Department will issue an Order to Comply or Suspend. The Order is self-operative in that it outlines the required administrative fine and the disciplinary action that can occur if the licensee does not resolve this administrative action by the given date.
COMPLETING SALES REPORT
- Provide a Sales Report Cover Letter that identifies the following information:
- Licensed business name and license number of the reporting dealer or broker
- Total number of sales (both new and used) being reported • Month/Year that the sales were closed/consummated (i.e. reporting period)
- Total number of new manufactured homes sold
- Of the total number of new manufactured homes sold, identify the number of new manufactured homes that sold for $200K or less
- Of the number of new manufactured homes that were sold for $200K or less, identify the number that included the purchase of real property
- Total number of used homes sold
- Total number of used homes that sold for $50K or more
- Total number of used homes that sold for less than $50K
- Of the total of used homes that sold for less than $50K, identify the number of those sales that involved the use of the dealer's trust or escrow account and identify the number of those sales that involved the use of an escrow or title company.
- Provide the appropriate Homeowner Information Bulletin(s) signed by each purchaser with the dealer/broker portion of the form(s) completed by the dealer/broker. There are two different Homeowner Information Bulletins. One is for reporting the sale of a used unit (i.e. previously titled) and the other is for reporting the sale of a new unit.
Homeowner Information Bulletin - New
Homeowner Information Bulletin - Used
If a purchaser is not available to sign the Homeowner Information Bulletin, the dealer or broker is to complete the dealer required information on the form and print the name of the purchaser on the purchaser’s signature line. The dealer or broker is to send the purchaser-signed form to the Department after it is signed by the purchaser.
You may provide the Department with the original Homeowner Information Bulletins or copies of the original Homeowner Information Bulletins OR you may scan and email copies of the Homeowner Information Bulletins to [email protected].
- Recovery Fund Assessment fee payment may be paid as follows:
- Pay fee online at ADOH Payment Portal. Payment category is MFG Housing - Other Fees. Payment type is Manufactured Housing Recovery Fund. *If emailing sales report to Department and recovery fund owed, please pay Recovery Fund fees online at ADOH Payment Portal.
- Check made payable to the Department of Housing *The check for the recovery fund assessment fee(s) cannot be written from the dealer’s or broker’s trust or escrow account.
If no sales were consummated for the calendar month, the dealer and/or broker must provide the Department with a sales activity report indicating this. No recovery fund assessment fee is owed.
REPORT SUBMITTAL PROCESS
Sales reports (and recovery fund assessment fees if owed) may be submitted by the following options:
Email report to [email protected]. Payment fees at ADOH Payment Portal.
Fax: (602) 771-1002
Mailed: Arizona Department of Housing
P.O. Box 6280
Phoenix, AZ 85005-6280
The acknowledgement portion(s) of the Homeowner Information Bulletin(s), when received by the Department along with payment of the recovery fund assessment fee(s) if applicable, constitutes compliance with the statutory reporting requirement.
Every dealer or broker who acquires or sells a previously titled (i.e. used) manufactured home or mobile home is also required to submit a written report of all such acquisitions and sales to the Department of Revenue and to the County Assessor of the County where the dealer or broker is located. Please contact the Department of Revenue and the County Assessor for their report forms and reporting instructions.