Parson's Village - Phoenix
Section 811 Project Rental Assistance – New Allocation!
The Arizona Department of Housing (ADOH) applied for and received its first Section 811 Project Rental Assistance (PRA) grant beginning in 2015. The PRA program is funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to subsidize rental housing for very low-and extremely low-income adults with disabilities. We partnered with the following agencies to serve this vulnerable population.
- The Department of Economic Security (ADES) is the safety net agency for the State of Arizona.
- The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) pronounced “access” is Arizona’s Medicaid provider.
PRA funds were allocated for long-term Rental Assistance Contracts (RACs) to provide monthly rental assistance. PRA rental assistance helps extremely-low income households (30% AMI), where at least one person has a developmental disability, is 18 up to 62 years old, and is eligible for community-based long term care services provided by the Arizona Long Term Care System under Title XIX of the Social Security Act to Program Participants.
Among 27 grantees in 2015, Arizona was the only state in the nation to have committed 100 % of its allocation! The news of this success turned our sights to the future of the program and ADOH recently applied for, and were awarded 50 additional units, extending our partnerships with the same great Arizona Agencies.
Upon the finalization of the contract, ADOH will publish Information Bulletins and seek to have property owners set aside a number of PRA subsidized units at their properties for these vulnerable Arizonians.
PRA Projects will be units that are identified with existing federal funds and are typically newly-built multi-family developments through the LIHTC Program in which PRA Units will constitute no more than 25% of the total units in the project ensuring that the PRA residents are integrated into our communities. All PRA Projects selected will meet the minimum design, construction, and resource efficiency standards required of LIHTC projects which ensures quality construction, energy efficiency, and sustainable operations.
If you would like more information regarding the Section 811 Project Rental Assistance program, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you to the following properties that currently provide Section 811 Supportive Housing For Persons with Disabilities, allowing this population the opportunity to live as independently as possible:
- The Lofts at Mckinley - 809 N. 5th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85006
- Parson’s Village Apartments - 10825 N. Cave Creek Road, Phoenix, AZ 85020
- UMOM Family Housing I & II - 3330 E. Van Buren St., Phoenix, AZ 85008
- UMOM Family Housing I - 3330 E. Van Buren St., Phoenix, AZ 85008
- Casa de Paz Sahauro - 1530 E. Sahuaro Dr. #105, Phoenix, AZ 85020
- Sunrise Vista Apartments - 4415 S. 28th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85040
- Vineyard Estates - 915 W. Alta Vista Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85041
- West End Station - 855 West Congress Street, Tucson, AZ 85745
Housing Matters | Fall 2020