Governor Ducey declares January 2021 as Manufactured Housing Month in Arizona
Download the proclamation.
MODULAR PROJECT HIGHLIGHT
The Manufactured Housing & Building Division is working in coordination with the City of Mesa and local developers as construction progresses on The GRID, an urban mixed-use community in downtown Mesa. This project will bring a combination of modular buildings and site built construction to Mesa while providing an addition of commercial and residential space. Due to its unique construction, modular housing components, installation inspections, and permitting will be administered by the Arizona Department of Housing.
BUILDING CODE UPDATE
In compliance with the statutory requirement to ensure the safety of the people who use and occupy the buildings regulated by the Department, the Manufactured Housing & Building Division has updated the codes adopted for the design, construction, and installation of buildings and accessories regulated by the Department.
The new code set as established in Title 4, Chapter 34, R4-34-102 Materials Incorporated by Reference are as follows:
- International Building Code (IBC), 2018 Edition
- International Residential Code (IRC), 2018 Edition
- International Mechanical Code (IMC), 2018 Edition
- International Plumbing Code (IPC), 2018 Edition
- International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC), 2018, Edition
- International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), 2018 Edition
- National Electrical Code (NEC), 2017 Edition
New plans submitted after February 1, 2021 shall be designed and drawn to the new code set, including building, model, accessory, installation, and design package and compliance manuals.
Any building, model, accessory, installation plans, and design package and compliance manuals approved under the previous code set (2009), will become invalid effective February 1, 2021.
- The Department may allow a grace period for the use of plans and design packages approved under the previous code set until May 1, 2021. The exception may be granted upon specific written request of the licensee stating the reason for seeking the exception.
- Compliance manuals that are not code specific need not be updated.
Housing Matters | Winter 2021