On October 5th the Arizona Capitol Times reported on the way Governor Ducey is embracing the ‘lean’ management philosophy. In response to the Governor’s direction, the Arizona Department of Housing is working to adopt the Arizona Management System (AMS) which strives to eliminate waste and increase efficiency in order to better serve the citizens of Arizona. The Department’s Leadership team has been receiving training over the past few months in order to ensure effective and responsible implementation of AMS throughout the agency. The Department is excited to further its efforts toward continual improvement in serving our State. By implementing a more frequent and visual style of management the Department believes it will be able to streamline processes and more effectively deliver its programs and services throughout Arizona.
Here are some examples of the goals achieved those we hope to achieve:
- Maintaining one of the best payment turnaround times in state government of under 7 days with a current average of 5.4 days for FY17.
- Maintaining accomplishments that resulted from the FY16 “Permit Blitz” by responding to manufactured housing installation permit requests in less than 3 days with a current average of 1.8 days for FY17.
- Maintaining turnaround times for plan approvals for manufactured homes below 7 days currently averaging 4.6 days for FY17.
- Fund a NEWLY CREATED Rapid Re-Housing initiative that seeks to find permanency for 320 people experiencing homelessness by June 30, 2017 with current progress at 66 outpacing our cumulative goal of 59.
- Continuing to issue licenses for installation of manufactured homes within 2 days, currently averaging 1.4 days for FY17.