MANUFACTURED HOME INSTALLATION PERMIT
The Manufactured Home Installation Permit may be issued through the Department or by the local authority having jurisdiction. To determine if an installation is in a jurisdiction that has an Inspection Service Agreement (ISA) select the link below:
Jurisdictions with and without an ISA
ITEMS REQUIRED PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR THE MANUFACTURED HOME INSTALLATION PERMIT
- If the home was manufactured before June 15, 1976:
- Verify with the local authority having jurisdiction if there is an ordinance specific to pre-1976 mobile homes.
- Arizona law requires that “A person shall not occupy or otherwise use a mobile home which was been brought into this state or move a mobile home from one mobile home park in this state to another mobile home park in this state unless it meets the standards pursuant to this chapter and displays the proper state Rehabilitation Certificate" (A.R.S.§41-4048,C).
- Link to: REHABILITATION PERMIT INFORMATION
- Planning & Zoning Permit from the local authority having jurisdiction.
- If the proposed installation is in a designated flood plain area, applicant must obtain flood zone site specific plan approval from the Department.
- Link to: FLOOD PLAIN INSTALLATION
- A licensed Installer and/or Contractor with a valid license and the appropriate license classification to perform all work related to the installation, which includes utility connections and all attached accessory structures is required. Select the link below for a list of licensees and license classification descriptions:
Arizona Department of Housing Installer
ADOH Installer License Classification Description
Registrar of Contractor
ROC License Classification Description
MANUFACTURED HOME INSTALLATION PERMIT APPLICATION SUBMITTAL INSTRUCTIONS
Manufactured Home Installation Permit Application may be submitted online, by mail or over the counter. Below are links with instructions for submitting the Permit Application:
To submit online:
Permit Applications can be submitted through the online e-Licensing solution.
To submit by mail or over the counter use the following form and instructions:
The Manufactured Housing & Building Division is no longer accepting applications by mail or over the counter.
The Department shall issue or deny a permit within seven business days from the date the application is received in accordance with R4-34-801.B.
Manufactured Home Installation Permit must be displayed in a conspicuous location on the home.
PERMIT EXPIRES 6 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF ISSUANCE
All permits except special use permits expire 6 months from the date the permit is issued. Extension request must be received by the Department prior to the expiration date. Below are the links with instructions for completing and submitting request form:
Application for Six Month Extension on Installation Permit
Instructions for requesting an extension on Installation Permit
SCHEDULING INSTALLATION INSPECTION INSTRUCTIONS
Once the permit has been issued from the Department, inspections are required to ensure the installation meets safety and code requirements. Below is the link with instructions for scheduling inspection:
Instructions for scheduling inspection
MAKING CHANGES OR MODIFICATIONS TO AN EXISTING INSTALLATION PERMIT
To make a change or modification to an existing permit, the applicant can log into their e-Licensing portal account, perform the necessary changes, and pay the administrative function fee per item changed.
Refer to Manufactured Housing Division Helpful Links Fee Schedule for Administrative Function Fee cost.