ORDERING HUD MANUFACTURER CERTIFICATION LABELS (HUD LABELS)
A permanent label shall be affixed to each transportable section of each manufactured home. The IPIA shall issue labels to certified manufacturers for assignment to homes manufactured in conformance to regulation. A manufacturer may be issued a quantity of labels sufficient for 2-4 weeks of production volume. HUD Labels are issued by ADOH to certified manufacturers only.
Ordering HUD Labels is a two part process:
- Initial order placed through HUD’s contractor, IBTS, via Weblabels. (To set up an account with Weblabels, contact: PAM BRILLHART, Project Coordinator, Federal Services, Institute for Building Technology and Safety, O: 703-481-2000, ext. 260, F: 703-437-6432, www.ibts.org)
- It is necessary to finish the order through Weblabels before completing the order at ADOH. The completed HUD 301 Request and Payment for Labels form and Pay.gov receipt are required to complete the process.
- After finishing the Label order with Weblabels, the manufacturer can complete the label ordering process at ADOH.
ORDERING HUD LABELS FROM ADOH
HUD Labels may be ordered by properly licensed and certified manufacturers only. HUD Labels must be ordered from ADOH online. To order:
Important - USE CORRECT BROWSER – The online ordering process will not work with Internet Explorer. Chrome, Safari and Firefox will work as may other browser options.
- Go to: ADOH Payment Portal (https://housing.az.gov/portals/adoh-payment-portal)
- Push: Orange button – “Enter Payment Portal”
- From dropdown: “Select Payment Category”
- Select: “MFG Housing – Other Fees”
- From dropdown: “Select a payment type”
- Select: “Manufactured Housing – HUD Labels”
- Enter: “Payee Details” – All required fields must be filled before payment will be accepted.
- Attach: Completed “HUD-301 Form” and “Pay.gov Receipt”
- Selecting – “Browse” – will access your files from which you can select the required HUD 301 and Pay.gov pdf’s, each must be attached separately. HUD-301 Form and Pay.gov Receipt must be attached, in Adobe PDF format, before payment will be accepted.
- Push: “Submit Payment button”
- “Checkout - Payment Information”
- Enter credit card information.
- Push the “CLEAR” button to erase your entries and start over, push “CONTINUE” to continue.
- “Order Review” – make sure it’s all there and correct.
- “Receipt” – may be printed.
- Email confirmation will be sent with receipt attached.
- Your Label order with attached HUD 301, Pay.gov receipt, and ADOH payment confirmation is automatically forwarded to the IPIA.
Labels will be delivered to the manufacturer during the next schedule IPIA visit, or the manufacturer may, with prior arrangement, pick up Labels at the ADOH office.
Manufacturers are required, by HUD, to submit a monthly report (302 Report) to HUD/IBTS. Please visit http://weblabels.ibts.org for instructions for filing the monthly 302 report.
Manufacturers are required to report production activity to ADOH monthly. This consists of a copy of the 302 Report, including copies of the data plates for homes reported. This report must be filed with ADOH no later than the 5th of each month.
302 Reports can be sent to:
Contact David Meunier at (602) 364-1059, if you have any questions or concerns.
HUD LABEL VERIFICATION
In an effort to help consumers, assessors, and finance companies obtain correct information on manufactured homes, this Office has the ability to verify HUD manufactured homes produced from June 15, 1976 to present. The state can only verify production information for manufactured homes built within the State of Arizona. Mobile homes built prior to June 15, 1976 or mobile homes still on the production line after June 15, 1976, which were not built to HUD's federal construction standards, cannot be verified.
The service this Office provides is valuable to the public in obtaining correct information on homes, which may be relocated or altered in a way that may be difficult to identify original markings. Arizona has multiple environments, which dictates that some areas of the state impose more strict zoning codes and that the public obtain information about a HUD manufactured home prior to its purchase or relocation.
In order to retrieve the correct information, please provide as much of the following information as possible
- Label Number
- Serial Number
- Name of the Manufacturer
HUD label affixed to rear of each section of manufactured home. If you need help with reading the HUD Label click the following link:
Understanding the HUD serial number
This Office only has the ability to verify homes with the above HUD label marked ARZ.
For HUD Label Verification you may contact:
Please contact other state jurisdictions, third party inspection agencies or IBTS for verification of their homes. Currently, the Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) imposes a fee to request a HUD verification letter, which provides HUD label numbers, serial number, manufacturer, date of manufacture, and the original dealer from June 1976 to present. Please refer to their website for additional information http://www.ibts.org/index.shtml
If your HUD label begins with one of the following identifiers before the numbers, you must contact the appropriate Third Party Agency or IBTS http://weblabels.ibts.org/
Third Party Agencies and Manufacturers may or may not have production information available to the public. They may impose a fee to pull a data plate.
Nearby states and jurisdictions who label homes destined for Arizona:
You may contact the following manufacturers for information: